Gateworks sells a variety of enclosures on their online shop seen here: http://shop.gateworks.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=76
Indoor Ventana Enclosures
- The enclosures are designed to heatsink the processor on the SBC to the metal enclosure for better heat dissipation. This is optional and a choice of the customer. The enclosure is supplied with a solid aluminum block. To use this solid heatsink, remove any heatsink currently on the processor (You can remove the current heatsink by first powering the board on for a few minutes and letting the processor warm up. Then slowly twist the heatsink side to side, it is just some sticky tape and you should be able to remove the current heatsink) and replace with the aluminum block heatsink as shown in the picture below:
- Mounting SBC
- Remove front plate of enclosure and pull out bottom plate that has standoffs on it.
- Place the board 'upside down' on the standoffs and screw in 4 screws as shown below
- Remove front plate of enclosure and slide in bottom plate and board as shown below:
- Re-attach front plate and see the final product:
Din Rail Clip
The Ventana Indoor enclosures can be fitted with a DIN Rail clip
Two holes have been slightly punched to allow for customer drilling.
Din Rail Clip: GW10092
Screws to mount to enclosure are DIN74-Am4 which means a 90Deg countersink, with 4mm Metric screw. These can be seen here: Example Screw
Drill bit size: 11/64th or #18 drill bit
Gateworks GW3021 IP67 Outdoor Enclosure
The GW3021 enclosure is IP67 rated enclosure for outdoor installations of Gateworks 4x4 and 4x6 Avila, Cambria, Laguna, and Ventana network processing boards. The GW3021 provides complete protection against the ingress of dust (6) and water when immersed to 1m for up to 30 minutes (7). The enclosure includes four antenna connectors and two shielded weatherproof RJ-45 Ethernet connectors. The antenna connectors are located at the four corners to increase spatial diversity and decrease RF grounding to the mounting mast. Power is supplied to the unit through the Ethernet connector using a passive PoE injector or PoE power supply. The enclosure includes a pole mount bracket, processor heat sink and a long life, ball bearing fan to reduce thermal hot spots by circulating the air inside the enclosure. The enclosure comes fully assembled and ready to go with all mounting hardware.
Gateworks IP67 Outdoor Enclosure with Ventana Mounting Plate
Below is the plate mounted in the Outdoor Enclosure.
A few items to note:
- The holes drilled closest to the edge on the far right are on the opposite side as the fan
- The holes drilled closest to the edge on the bottom face the ethernet ports.
- enclosure5200.jpg (215.3 KB) - added by rerbstoesser 3 years ago.
- mountplate.jpg (149.1 KB) - added by rerbstoesser 3 years ago.
- ventanamountingplate.png (621.7 KB) - added by rerbstoesser 3 years ago.
- gw3021.gif (71.9 KB) - added by rerbstoesser 3 years ago.
- enclosure.jpg (88.3 KB) - added by rerbstoesser 2 years ago.
- enclosureopencase.jpg (120.9 KB) - added by rerbstoesser 2 years ago.
- enclosuresplitopen.jpg (380.4 KB) - added by rerbstoesser 2 years ago.
- enclosurestandoffs.jpg (352.2 KB) - added by rerbstoesser 2 years ago.
- enclosureheatsink.jpg (130.7 KB) - added by rerbstoesser 2 years ago.
- enclosurefront.jpg (335.8 KB) - added by rerbstoesser 2 years ago.
- enclosuredinholes.jpg (78.4 KB) - added by rerbstoesser 23 months ago.