|Version 1 (modified by 6 years ago) ( diff ),
Gateworks supports Yocto Linux for the Ventana Product Family Board Support Package. Yocto is a linux build system that is used by many Embedded Linux Distributions (ie Angstrom, Poky, and more).
Yocto is a linux build system derived from Yocto and offers stable snapshot and excellent documentation.
Latest Supported Release
- Pre-Compiled Binaries
- Building/Installing Yocto Linux for the Ventana Family
- Building/Installing Packages for Yocto / Yocto for the Ventana Family
- SDK For Developers
- Native Compiling - SDK
- Source Code presented as an Yocto Layer
- Add and remove packages
- Configure services
- Setup Wireless communication
- Ventana Video Output
- Ventana Video Input
- GStreamer Information for Video / Audio
- QT in Yocto
We aim to provide the following in our default kernel configurations used for our Yocto BSP:
- up-to-date Wireless drivers via linux-backports
- commonly used 802.11ac / 802.11n / 802.11a/b/g Qualcomm / Atheros chip based cards
- commonly used USB based wireless devices
- commonly used USB based bluetooth host controllers
- on-board embedded peripherals (ie i2c and spi based peripherals used on our boards)
- Gateworks expansion peripherals
In other words we specifically do not typically include support for PCI sound-cards, PCI video-capture cards, and a full suite of USB based peripherals. We try to include support for peripherals commonly used with our boards.
If you have a particular add-on card (PCI or USB) that you are using with our boards and have a stable open-source driver for it feel free to contact support@… to ask if we can add it in our standard board-support packages.