Welcome to Gateworks Wiki
This is a wiki site that provides general hardware and software support for the Gateworks Product Families of ARM Single Board Computers (SBC) and Network Processor Boards.
Welcome to Gateworks Wiki
- What's New
- Board Families
- How to Use this Wiki
- Stay Connected
- Contact & Support
- Gateworks SBC
- Board Support Package (BSP)
- Peripherals: Wireless, GPS, etc
- Wireless Configurations
- Mesh Networking
- Video / Audio Support
- Expansion Modules
- Instructional Videos
You can find links to source code along with Pre-Built Binary images / software that can be programmed onto the board under each family.
How to Use this Wiki
The Gateworks Software Wiki has a large amount of very helpful information for users of the Gateworks Single Board Computers.
Please narrow down the information by Product Family (Click product family in table above) or by Operating System (see the Software link Icon above)
There are also many pages related to the Gateworks SBC Hardware, please view all generic links below.
Because the Wiki is so large, please use the search box in the upper right hand corner of this page. Also, please use site Index (Index link in upper right corner) to see all pages. You can also use Google to search our page with an example query like so: yoursearchterm site:trac.gateworks.com
Gateworks uses Open Source software which has the source code available to the public. Gateworks encourages users to utilize the Open Source community related to the operating system they choose.
And lastly, for information that cannot be found, please email as at firstname.lastname@example.org and Gateworks will do it's best to answer any question!
Subscribe to our newsletter to receive emails about new product announcements, white papers, embedded projects and more! http://www.gateworks.com/news
- Use the red subscribe button on the far right column in the link above
See all of our source code commits! https://github.com/gateworks
Product Change Notification
Gateworks provides a Product Change Notification (PCN) to communicate any changes in hardware to it's customers. PCN Wiki Page
Contact & Support
Additional support is provided through the Gateworks general support email at: support@…. For sales information contact sales at: sales@…. Gateworks prides itself in support. Gateworks is a hardware company using open source software pre-loaded and supported on it's boards. Extra features are something Gateworks may not have tested. We highly encourage everyone to use the support from the open source community built around the BSP they choose
- Gateworks SBC Firmware / Software
- Product User Manuals
- JTAG - JTAG isntructions - For flashing firmware to Gateworks boards, and for serial console access
- Gateworks System Controller (GSC) - Temperature, voltage, RTC, GPIO, Digital IO, I/O, pushbutton, etc
- GPIO / Digital I/O and LED Configuration
- Performance Tuning For Wired and Wireless Throughput Networking
- Watchdog Timer
- Multi-Core Processing , SMP
- Helpful Sample Test Commands - lsusb, lsmod, gpio, i2c, etc
- Setting up a TFTP Server
- Determining Serial, Model Number, and Software Versions
- Tutorial for Console Log
- Hard Reboot via GSC
- Power Over Ethernet , POE
- Silencing Serial Console Output
- Alternate Connectors for Ethernet, Power, USB
- Frequently Asked Questions - FAQ
- Gateworks SBC Revisions
- Gateworks Specials Program - Customization
- Conformal Coating of SBCs
- End of Life Policy - EOL Dates
- Instructional Videos
- 3D Models / Mechanical Files - Please see the documentation tab on the respective product page on the main Gateworks website
Board Support Package (BSP)
Gateworks offers the following Board Support Packages (BSPs). Please click the BSP link for tutorials and setup instructions related to that BSP:
- OpenWrt - Networking and small FLASH/memory footprint focused
- Yocto (Ventana only) - (OpenEmbedded built) Video / Audio focused, fairly standard Linux distro tools and configuration
- Android (Ventana only) - Android Linux distro
- Ubuntu - Ventana, Newport
- Debian (Ventana only) - Debian Linux distro
- Windows Embedded Compact 7 - (Ventana only)
- Buildroot Linux
- Many other 3rd party software packages are available. See the following links for some pre-built packages for wifi networks:
Mainline Kernel / Third party Linux distributions
Great efforts have been made to ensure our boards are supported by the mainline Linux kernel and U-boot boot-loader. It's a straight forward process to adapt any Linux distribution you feel is appropriate for your application for use with a Gateworks board, provided the mainline kernel is being used. We are glad to offer support for questions regarding mainline kernel, and U-boot boot-loader issues, though issues that may be encountered in any given distro's user-space are too varied to provide accurate answers. If you encounter an issue in user-space we suggest you utilize forums specific to this distro, or recreate the issue using a BSP Gateworks officially supports, see above. Before selecting a kernel version see our errata pages to check compatibility.
Tables for mainline kernel version support:
Other helpful references for building out of tree:
- Newport BSP
- Newport Boot
- Newport Ubuntu (Debootstrap)
- Ventana Debian
- Ventana Third Party Linux
- Linux Kernel
- Device Tree
- More resources available see our index.
Peripherals: Wireless, GPS, etc
- General Wireless Information
- Cellular Modems (M2M)
- GPS Support
- Bluetooth Support
- Intel 82574 Support
- MiniPCIe Accessory Cards
- mSATA (SSD) / SATA Drives / Storage
- USB Ethernet Adapters
- M.2 NGFF Adapters
- 802.11s Mesh Networks on Ventana & Newport ~ 802.11s
- OpenWrt has some open source mesh software including Batman and OLSR
- See the OpenWrt website for some more information regarding these http://wiki.openwrt.org/tag/mesh?do=showtag&tag=mesh
- CAN Bus
- Serial RS232 / TTL Communication
- Transferring Files
- On-board Serial Over IP (ser2net)
- Board to board Serial Over IP
- I2C Information
- SPI Information
- LoRA Long Range LPWAN
Video / Audio Support
Note: Most Video / Audio support is for the Ventana Product Family
See more on the Ventana Page
- GW16103 SIM/USB/MicroSD Expansion Module
- GW16112 USB Expansion Module
- GW16113 Digital / Analog IO Expansion Module
- GW16122 IoT Radio Module
- GW16126/GW16132 CATM1 Cellular Modem
- GW16130 Iridium Satellite Modem
- Expansion Mezzanines - GW16801(Mini-PCIe), GW16082(Mini-PCI), GW16083(GbE,SFP)
Instructional videos are available for a variety of topics, viewable here: https://www.gateworks.com/support/single-board-computer-instructional-videos/
- 5400small.jpg (9.0 KB ) - added by 6 years ago.
- 5400small.png (56.7 KB ) - added by 6 years ago.
- blogicon.png (110.6 KB ) - added by 6 years ago.
- chipicon.gif (1.5 KB ) - added by 6 years ago.
- cpuicon.png (13.3 KB ) - added by 6 years ago.
- digitalio.png (10.6 KB ) - added by 6 years ago.
- gpsicon.png (79.0 KB ) - added by 6 years ago.
- new.2.png (2.7 KB ) - added by 6 years ago.
- gw6300thumbnail.png (26.5 KB ) - added by 6 years ago.
- gw6300small.png (95.1 KB ) - added by 6 years ago.
) - added by 4 years ago.
- gw7300thumbnail.png (27.9 KB ) - added by 3 years ago.
- gw16143thumbnail.png (14.2 KB ) - added by 3 years ago.
- v2xthumb.jpg (58.2 KB ) - added by 2 years ago.
- securesmall.jpg (65.6 KB ) - added by 2 years ago.
Download all attachments as: .zip