|Version 1 (modified by 6 years ago) ( diff ),
GW16112 miniPCI-express Adatper
The GW16112 miniPCI-express Adapter is a miniPCI-express form-factor card that provides the following;
- 4x USB ports (requires a 4-pin to USB adapter like our GW10102 cable)
- Mini-PCIe riser for adding a Mini-PCIe card (such as a wireless radio)
This product requires the following Linux kernel features (which are part of our standard OpenWrt, Yocto, and Android BSP's):
4x USB Host Ports
The GW16112 is spec'd to provide 500mA per port. However, if a product is voltage tolerant (down to 4.5V), the GW16112 can provide up to about 650mA per port before shutting power to the port down. The GW16112 takes 3.3V from the Mini-PCIe socket and boosts it to 5V, allowing most compatible devices to work out the door.
Booting with the GW16112 - U-Boot & Linux
Note that the embedded micro-SD reader/writer is the first enumerated device on the bus, thus if you want to boot off of a USB Mass Storage device connected to the GW16112 you will need to alter the default bootloader scripts - see here for details.
Because the GW16112 uses the PERST# signal as reset, PCI must be enabled in the bootloader in order to de-assert the card's reset. This can be accomplished by clearing pcidisable:
setenv pcidisable saveenv reset
Electrically the GW16112 should be compatible with any device with a miniPCI-express socket providing USB and miniPCI-express signalling, however because it has an additional miniPCI-express connector for pass-through operation it does not conform to the miniPCI-express form factor (the card is a bit longer). Also, Gateworks SBC's supply higher power through the miniPCI-express port, allowing the GW16112 to supply up to 10W shared between the four ports.
As far as Gateworks products go, the GW16112 is compatible with the following with the specific mechanical interference details noted:
- GW51xx - incompatible due to interference with the primary power supply (this will be resolved on the next GW5100-C revision)
- GW52xx - all miniPCIe sockets supported
- GW53xx - all miniPCIe sockets supported however there may be interference with GW53xx GPS when used in socket J7 if using the GW16112's front two USB connectors
- GW54xx - all miniPCIe sockets supported however there may be interference with GW53xx GPS when used in socket J7 if using the GW16112's front two USB connectors
- GW16081 - compatible with 3x top-side miniPCIe sockets J6, J4, J1
- GW2380/GW2382 - miniPCIe socket supported
- GW2391 - interference with JTAG/GPIO connectors when in baseboard socket J3 and possible interference with socket J4 if using GW16112 USB micro-AB