|Version 2 (modified by 5 years ago) ( diff ),|
Gateworks Specials Program
To better meet customers needs, Gateworks provides a customer specials program which allows volume customers (>100 piece Minimum Order Quantity) to cost and feature optimize the SBCs for their application.
Here are the features of the specials program:
- Special Part Number - Gateworks assigns a unique ECO controlled part number to the product being ordered so it can be re-ordered in the future with the exact same specifications and revision level.
- Gateworks uses a -SPxxx suffix on the base part number to denote the customers special. As an example, GW5300-SP302-F would refer to a GW5300 base board, SP302 is the unique special number and -F is the revision.
- Depopulation - Gateworks can remove unneeded components and interfaces from the SBC and pass the cost savings onto the customer.
- Contact Gateworks Sales and Support for these options.
- Alternative Connectors
- Connectors such as Ethernet, USB, Power can all be switched out for a locking header version. Options are shown Alternate Connector Wiki Page
- Alternative Components - Some components such as the processor, memory and flash can be changed to meet the customer's performance and cost requirements.
- As an example, all Ventana boards have been designed to allow the loading of Single Core, Dual Core or Quad Core i.MX6 processors so the customer can choose the processor that best meets their cost and performance needs.
- Software Revision Locking and Programming:
- Operating System Software - This software can be revision locked. If not locked, Gateworks reserves the right to update the software on future builds. A customer can also provide their own operating system image to be loaded at the factory.
- Bootloader Software - This software can be revision locked. If not locked, Gateworks reserves the right to update the software on future builds. A customer can also provide their own bootloader to be loaded at the factory.
- GSC Firmware - This software can be revision locked. If not locked, Gateworks reserves the right to update the software on future builds.
More information can be found on the Gateworks Website Customization Page
Custom Software Loading
In order for Gateworks to load customer software on a SBC, a JTAG .bin file must be provided so that our Manufacturing team and flash the boards during mass production.
This .bin file should be a JTAG file that contains the bootloader, kernel, and root filesystem (operating system). If the bootloader is not included, Gateworks may change the version without the customer knowing and this may not be desired.
For Ventana, instructions are here: Creating a JTAG Image for Ventana