|Version 21 (modified by 2 years ago) ( diff ),|
Gateworks Internet of Things (IoT)
Gateworks is a hardware company that designs and manufactures rugged & industrial single board computers and radios that can be used for IoT systems, most typically Gateways and Edge devices. Gateworks can custom create sensors as well for high volume projects. Industrial IoT (IIoT) requires rugged hardware with long life availibility, all of which is part of the Gateworks Advantage.
Visit the Gateworks IoT Primer for flexible IoT Gateways.
The following SBCs are very common for building an IoT Gateway
- Ventana GW5220 – Small 70mm x 100mm, 2x Mini-PCIe sites, 1x GbE, i.MX6 Dual Core CPU
- Ventana GW5913 – Small 35mm x 100mm, 1x Mini-PCIe sites, 1x GbE, i.MX6 Dual Core CPU
- Ventana GW5910 – Small 70mm x 100mm, 2x Mini-PCIe sites, 1x GbE, WiFi/BLE, SubGHz Radio Onboard, i.MX6 Dual Core CPU
- Newport GW6100 – Small 35mm x 100mm, 1x Mini-PCIe sites, 1x GbE, OcteonTx Dual Core CPU
- Newport GW6200 – Small 70mm x 100mm, 2x Mini-PCIe sites, 2x GbE, OcteonTx Dual Core CPU
View more information about these SBCs on the Gateworks Product Page
IoT Radio Technologies
Many different technologies exist. Each technology has it's strengths and weaknesses. Choosing a technology will depend on many factors, including, but not limited to: range, number of clients, interference, price
Typically for ranges of 300ft to several miles. Even though long range, some technologies use very low power.
- Sub 1GHz 802.11ah HaLow
- Sub 1GHz 802.15.4
- Utilizing cellular networks such as AT&T, Verizon, etc. A direct connection to the cloud.
- LTE CATM1 is low bandwidth designed for small amounts of data such as IoT sensor readings.
- Gateworks GW16126 LTE CATM1 Cellular Mini-PCIe Card
- Offering global coverage, relying on the Iridium satellite network.
- Gateworks GW16130 Iridium Satellite Modem Mini-PCIe Card
- Sub-1GHz, Low power, uplink only, low data rate. Limited availability.
Short range is typically used for items under 10ft, typically used in asset tracking, etc.
- Microsoft Azure
- Amazon AWS
- The Things Network (TTN)(LoRa)
IoT Software Solutions
- OmnIoT !SoftHub
- The OmnIoT SoftHub Platform allows users to quickly and inexpensively build their IoT application Edge Infrastructure.
- Losant Enterprise IoT Platform
- Losant is an easy-to-use and powerful Enterprise IoT Platform designed to help teams quickly build real-time connected solutions.
IoT Application Showcases and Demos
- lora-azure-diagram.png (160.7 KB ) - added by 4 years ago.
- azure-device-explorer.png (79.0 KB ) - added by 4 years ago.
- azure-device-credentials.png (118.3 KB ) - added by 4 years ago.
- azure-dashboard.png (239.8 KB ) - added by 4 years ago.
- IoT-Gateway-Handout-1.png (965.7 KB ) - added by 4 years ago.
- IoTOilFieldExample.png (251.1 KB ) - added by 4 years ago.
- gw16122-eblast-revb.png (539.3 KB ) - added by 4 years ago.
Download all attachments as: .zip