|Version 64 (modified by 4 years ago) ( diff ),|
GW16122 - Mini-PCIe Radio for Internet of Things - IoT
Software Disclaimer: This hardware was designed from a Texas Instruments Reference design. Thus, all software support is community supported through Texas Instruments.
This wiki page is about the Gateworks GW16122 IoT Radio Card that is based off the TI CC1352P Reference design.
This wiki page is a general overview of the GW16122.
The hardware and software requirements are below.
All items purchased separately
- 1 x Gateworks Ventana or Newport Single Board Computer
- 2 x Gateworks GW16122 IoT Card
- 2 x Gateworks GW10124 900Mhz Antenna
- 2 x Gateworks GW10074 MMCX to SMA Female Adapter Cable
- 1 x USB to Mini-PCIe Adapter
- This allows the Gateworks GW16122 to be connected to a Laptop / PC if needed
- Option #1 - Amazon - Requires rubberband to hold GW16122 in
The pins uses adhere to the formal Mini-PCIe specification. PCIe signalling is not used, only USB. See below schematic for the Mini-PCIe pins used for the GW16122.
- USB+ Pin 36
- USB- Pin 38
All software information to use the GW16122-B and newer should be found on the Gateworks CC135x wiki page. This is because the CC135x chip is used on many designs.
The GW16122 revision B and onwards uses the TI CC1352P chip. (GW16222 revision A used the CC1350 chip. )
The typical OS used is Ubuntu. Various different firmwares exist for the CC1352 chip, but the default loaded firmware is a slightly modified version of the EasylinkNp firmware. This firmware is described in more detail on the software page listed below.
For detailed software information , please go to Gateworks CC135x wiki page
- gw16122webgui.png (49.0 KB ) - added by 6 years ago.
- GW16122.jpg (181.3 KB ) - added by 6 years ago.
- 16122range.png (2.4 MB ) - added by 6 years ago.
- gw16122diagram.png (1.0 MB ) - added by 6 years ago.
- thingsquare1.png (193.5 KB ) - added by 5 years ago.
- thingsquare2.png (149.9 KB ) - added by 5 years ago.
- 16122pins.png (97.4 KB ) - added by 4 years ago.
) - added by 4 years ago.
Download all attachments as: .zip