Welcome to Gateworks Wiki
Welcome to Gateworks Wiki
- What's New
- Board Families
- How to Use this Wiki
- Stay Connected
- Contact & Support
- Gateworks SBC
- Board Support Package (BSP)
- Peripherals: Wireless, GPS, etc
- Wireless Configurations
- Mesh Networking
- Video / Audio Support
- Expansion Modules
Gateworks System Controller
Video and Audio
Wireless / WiFi Radios
Digital IO / GPIO / DIO
AVC8000nano Analog Video Capture Card
GStreamer Latency Testing
Adaptive Bitrate Streaming
GW16113 I/O Mini-PCIe card
This wiki site has been created to provide general hardware and software support for the Gateworks Product Families of ARM Single Board Computers (SBC) and Network Processor Boards.
For data sheets and specifications of products please see The Gateworks Website
You can find links to source code along with Pre-Built Binary images / software that can be programmed onto the board under each family.
How to Use this Wiki
The Gateworks Software Wiki has a large amount of very helpful information for users of the Gateworks Single Board Computers.
Please narrow down the information by Product Family (Click product family in table above) or by Operating System (see the Software link Icon above)
There are also many pages related to the Gateworks SBC Hardware, please view all generic links below.
Because the Wiki is so large, please use the search box in the upper right hand corner of this page. Also, please use site Index (Index link in upper right corner) to see all pages. You can also use Google to search our page with an example query like so: yoursearchterm site:trac.gateworks.com
Gateworks uses Open Source software which has the source code available to the public. Gateworks encourages users to utilize the Open Source community related to the operating system they choose.
And lastly, for information that cannot be found, please email as at support@… and Gateworks will do it's best to answer any question!
Subscribe to our newsletter to receive emails about new product announcements, white papers, embedded projects and more! http://www.gateworks.com/news
Gateworks has setup two mailing lists to provide customers with timely information on software updates and general product announcements. We recommend all customers join the lists to have access to the latest information and updates. To subscribe see the following link: Developer Mail Lists
Be sure to subscribe for email alerts for new posts to the Gateworks Blog for important updates, projects, tutorials and more! http://blog.gateworks.com/
See all of our source code commits! https://github.com/gateworks
Product Change Notification
Gateworks provides a Product Change Notification (PCN) to communicate any changes in hardware to it's customers. PCN Wiki Page
Contact & Support
Additional support is provided through the Gateworks general support email at: support@…. For sales information contact sales at: sales@…. Gateworks prides itself in support. Gateworks is a hardware company using open source software pre-loaded and supported on it's boards. Extra features are something Gateworks may not have tested. We highly encourage everyone to use the support from the open source community built around the BSP they choose
- Gateworks SBC Firmware / Software
- Product User Manuals
- JTAG - JTAG isntructions - For flashing firmware to Gateworks boards, and for serial console access
- Gateworks System Controller (GSC) - Temperature, voltage, RTC, GPIO, Digital IO, I/O, pushbutton, etc
- GPIO / Digital I/O and LED Configuration
- Performance Tuning For Wired and Wireless Throughput Networking
- Watchdog Timer
- Booting Laguna on MicroSD card
- Multi-Core Processing , SMP
- Helpful Sample Test Commands - lsusb, lsmod, gpio, i2c, etc
- GW2201 Octal UART support
- Setting up a TFTP Server
- Determining Serial, Model Number, and Software Versions
- Tutorial for Console Log
- Hard Reboot via GSC
- Setting up Eclipse for development
- Power Over Ethernet , POE
- Silencing Serial Console Output
- Alternate Connectors for Ethernet, Power, USB
- Frequently Asked Questions - FAQ
- Gateworks SBC Revisions
- Gateworks Specials Program - Customization
Board Support Package (BSP)
Gateworks offers the following Board Support Packages (BSPs). Please click the BSP link for tutorials and setup instructions related to that BSP:
- OpenWrt - Networking and small FLASH/memory footprint focused - Avila, Laguna, Cambria, Rincon, Ventana
- Yocto (Ventana only) - (OpenEmbedded built) Video / Audio focused, fairly standard Linux distro tools and configuration
- Android (Ventana only) - Android Linux distro
- Ubuntu (Ventana only) - Ubuntu Linux distro
- Debian (Ventana only) - Debian Linux distro
- Windows Embedded Compact 7 - (Ventana only)
- Many other 3rd party software packages are available. See the following links for some pre-built packages for wifi networks:
Peripherals: Wireless, GPS, etc
- General Wireless Information
- Cellular Modems (M2M)
- GPS Support
- Bluetooth Support
- Intel 82574 Support
- MiniPCIe Accessory Cards
- mSATA (SSD) / SATA Drives / Storage
- USB Ethernet Adapters
- OpenWrt has some open source mesh software including Batman and OLSR
- See the OpenWrt website for some more information regarding these http://wiki.openwrt.org/tag/mesh?do=showtag&tag=mesh
- CAN Bus
- Serial RS232 / TTL Communication
- Transferring Files
- On-board Serial Over IP (ser2net)
- Board to board Serial Over IP
- I2C Information
- SPI Information
Video / Audio Support
Note: Most Video / Audio support is for the Ventana Product Family
See more on the Ventana Page
- blogicon.png (110.6 KB) - added by rerbstoesser 2 years ago.
- gpsicon.png (79.0 KB) - added by rerbstoesser 2 years ago.
- 5400small.jpg (9.0 KB) - added by rerbstoesser 2 years ago.
- 5400small.png (56.7 KB) - added by rerbstoesser 2 years ago.
- chipicon.gif (1.5 KB) - added by rerbstoesser 2 years ago.
- cpuicon.png (13.3 KB) - added by rerbstoesser 2 years ago.
- digitalio.png (10.6 KB) - added by rerbstoesser 2 years ago.
- new.2.png (2.7 KB) - added by rerbstoesser 10 months ago.
- new.png (2.7 KB) - added by rerbstoesser 10 months ago.
Download all attachments as: .zip