Welcome to Gateworks Wiki
Gateworks System Controller
Digital IO / GPIO / DIO
Video and Audio
Wireless / WiFi Radios
This wiki site has been created to provide general software support for the Gateworks Product Families of ARM Single Board Computers (SBC) and Network Processor Boards.
For data sheets and specifications of products please see The Gateworks Website
Quick Links for Board Specific Info and Pre-Built Binary Images
You can find links to source code along with Pre-Built Binary images that can be programmed onto the board under each family.
Welcome to Gateworks Wiki
- Quick Links for Board Specific Info and Pre-Built Binary Images
- How to Use this Wiki
- Mailing Lists
- Contact & Support
- Gateworks SBC
- Board Support Package (BSP)
- Accessories: Wireless Wifi 3G Cellular GPS etc
- Wireless Configurations
- Mesh Networking
- Video / Audio Support
- Wiki Editing
How to Use this Wiki
The Gateworks Software Wiki has a large amount of very helpful information for users of the Gateworks Single Board Computers.
Please narrow down the information by Product Family (Click product family in table above) or by Operating System (see the Software link Icon above)
There are also many pages related to the Gateworks SBC Hardware, please view all generic links below.
Because the Wiki is so large, please use the search box in the upper right hand corner of this page. Also, please use site Index (Index link in upper right corner) to see all pages.
Gateworks uses Open Source software which has the source code available to the public. Gateworks encourages users to utilize the Open Source community related to the operating system they choose.
And lastly, for information that cannot be found, please email as at support@… and Gateworks will do it's best to answer any question!
Gateworks has setup two mailing lists to provide customers with timely information on software updates and general product announcements. We recommend all customers join the lists to have access to the latest information and updates. To subscribe see the following link: Developer Mail Lists
Contact & Support
Additional support is provided through the Gateworks general support email at: support@…. For sales information contact sales at: sales@…. Gateworks prides itself in support. Gateworks is a hardware company using open source software pre-loaded and supported on it's boards. Extra features are something Gateworks may not have tested. We highly encourage everyone to use the support from the open source community built around the BSP they choose
- Gateworks SBC Firmware / Software
- Product User Manuals
- JTAG - JTAG isntructions - For flashing firmware to Gateworks boards, and for serial console access
- Gateworks System Controller (GSC) - Temperature, voltage, RTC, GPIO, Digital IO, I/O, pushbutton, etc
- GPIO / Digital I/O and LED Configuration
- Performance Tuning For Wired and Wireless Throughput Networking
- Watchdog Timer
- Booting Laguna on MicroSD card
- Multi-Core Processing , SMP
- Helpful Sample Test Commands - lsusb, lsmod, gpio, i2c, etc
- GW2201 Octal UART support
- Setting up a TFTP Sever
- Determining Serial, Model Number, and Software Versions
- Tutorial for Console Log
- Hard Reboot via GSC
- Setting up Eclipse for development
- Power Over Ethernet , POE
- Silencing Serial Console Output
Board Support Package (BSP)
Gateworks offers the following Board Support Packages (BSPs).
Please click the BSP link for tutorials and setup instructions related to that BSP.
- OpenWrt - Networking focused - Avila, Laguna, Cambria, Rincon, Ventana
- OpenEmbedded (Ventana only) - Video / Audio focused
- Android- (Ventana only) - Video Audio, Apps
- Ubuntu - (Ventana only)
- Windows Embedded Compact 7 - (Ventana only)
- Many others. The board is open source, thus any developer can load whatever they choose onto the board within their knowledge. (StarOS, Valemount)
Accessories: Wireless Wifi 3G Cellular GPS etc
- Setting Up Wireless
- Wireless Card Information
- 3G Cellular Modems Using UTMS/HSPA (M2M)
- GPS Support
- Bluetooth Support
- Intel 82574 Support
- MiniPCIe Accessory Cards
- mSATA / SATA Drives (SSD)
- Setting Up Wireless
- Wireless Bridge - Layer2 bridge using wireless and WDS
- Relayd - Bridge like Client Mode
- Generic Access Point with Luci Setup
- Wireless Throughput Tuning for Higher Numbers
- Multiple Wireless SSID's
- Configure IP Address
- OpenWrt has some open source mesh software including Batman and OLSR
- See the OpenWrt website for some more information regarding these http://wiki.openwrt.org/tag/mesh?do=showtag&tag=mesh
- CAN Bus
- Serial RS232 / TTL Communication
- Transferring Files
- On-board Serial Over IP (ser2net)
- Board to board Serial Over IP
- SPI and I2C Information
Video / Audio Support
Note: Most Video / Audio support is for the Ventana Product Family
Feel Free to register for wiki editing access in order to add/modify these pages. The registration can be found at the top of the page. Gateworks will continue to update the pages as time goes on, however user contribution will expediate the process.
- blogicon.png (110.6 KB) - added by rerbstoesser 7 months ago.
- gpsicon.png (79.0 KB) - added by rerbstoesser 7 months ago.
- 5400small.jpg (9.0 KB) - added by rerbstoesser 7 months ago.
- 5400small.png (56.7 KB) - added by rerbstoesser 7 months ago.
- chipicon.gif (1.5 KB) - added by rerbstoesser 7 months ago.
- cpuicon.png (13.3 KB) - added by rerbstoesser 7 months ago.
- digitalio.png (10.6 KB) - added by rerbstoesser 7 months ago.